You are probably just going about your day when all of a sudden, you are greeted with a big, wet spot on your ceiling. Or maybe you have seen water pooling in your basement and wonder if it is from a recent thunderstorm or a cracked pipe. No matter what the reason, you know finding it sooner than later is key to minimize mold and water damage.
No need to worry —at Fix the Drip! Plumbing Company, LLC, we have your leak detection needs covered. Keep an eye out for these five common signs of a leak so you can get the professional help you need to get everything back under control:
- Higher water bills. If you have a leak, the water obviously still has to go somewhere, even if you are not using it. Monitoring your water bill is an easy way to stay on top of leak detection.
- Lower water pressure. All the extra water caused by a leak is still moving, but your water pressure will change because it is not properly directing the flow.
- Saggy ceiling. This signals abnormal water buildup, and it can happen gradually or all at once.
- You notice the sound of running water in new areas. Every home has the typical pipe noises when someone showers or uses the bathroom, but if you are hearing different noises in areas you are not expecting, that could be a sign of a leak.
- The grass is greener in one part of your lawn. Leaks are not just limited to inside your home; they can also manifest in your irrigation system, causing one or more parts of your lawn to be hydrated more than others.
While some of these signs may sound surprising, it is very important to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. This non-exhaustive list is only meant as a place to start — if you have any more questions about leak detection, do not hesitate to reach out to us anytime.